Wiki Fluoroscopy question (need help)

Best answers
If a provider bills for an injection of a paravertebral joint, 64493 (which includes fluoroscopy) and also for a sacroiliac joint injection, 27096 (which is to be used only with imaging confirmation fluoroscopy). Is the provider required to bill for another fluoroscopy to use with the 27096, or is the one included with PC 64493 sufficient for the additional procedure? I am inclined to think since it is a different location, fluoroscopy would need to be billed along with the 27096. Yet, I am not the expert in this field and would really appreciate assistance.

Thank you!!!
Diane

One of the things this is going to depend on is what level was paravertebral injection? Is the doctor doing a paravertebral injection or medial branch? Where is the needle actually going? PLease add more info and this will be easier to answer.

Thank you Thelma, as that makes perfect sense. Right now, I am solely looking at data and procedures which were billed on a particular DOS. I see that I am going to need to request the med record.

Thank you Thelma, as that makes perfect sense. Right now, I am solely looking at data and procedures which were billed on a particular DOS. I see that I am going to need to request the med record.