Wiki Fluoro(76000) & Surgeries Modifiers HELP

Best answers
:confused:When coding Ortho surgeries where 'Separately reportable radiographs' are performed (equipment owned by the hospital, Modifier 26) would you also use a modifier 59?

For example when Fluoroscopy is used w/an ORIF I have been coding 76000-26 in addition to the ORIF.

The girl who works AR told me she was receiving denials and the insurance companies have told her to use Modifier 59 as well as Modifier 26.

What is your opinion? And is this correct coding?

Opinions please......

Thanks in advance

:confused:When coding Ortho surgeries where 'Separately reportable radiographs' are performed (equipment owned by the hospital, Modifier 26) would you also use a modifier 59?

For example when Fluoroscopy is used w/an ORIF I have been coding 76000-26 in addition to the ORIF.

The girl who works AR told me she was receiving denials and the insurance companies have told her to use Modifier 59 as well as Modifier 26.

What is your opinion? And is this correct coding?

Opinions please......

Thanks in advance

You won't get paid on 76000 in ortho surgery. I would w/o all denials and not bill out anymore.

interesting. Even though the description states the radiology is separately reportable insurance won't pay. Do they say it is bundled?