Wiki Flu Vaccine & H1N1

eafaoro1

Networker
Best answers
Does anyone know which CPT codes to use for the combined influenza and H1N1 shot? I know that the H1N1 is supposed to be included in the influenza vaccine from the manufacturer. So if this all in one shot than what CPT codes should we be billig out? Would these series be considered a split virus or split virus, preservative free? Just wondering what other practices are doing? Thank you.

The seasonal flu vaccines always contain three viruses. This year, H1N1 is one of the three; the others are H3N2 (another "A") and a "B" virus - the Brisbane 2008.
The codes would be the regular seasonal flu vaccine codes that you normally use - based on age, preservative free, etc. Remember that 90662 is for the enhanced immunogenicity via increased antigen content.

Again, the codes used would be based on what vaccine you receive/administer - your manufacturer/supplier would tell you if preservative free or not.

Use the admin code as usual, based on if Medicare or other insurance.

Although CMS updates their allowances for the ifluenza vaccines on September 1 each year, I have not received the MLN about it, nor can I find it on the website.

Hope this helps,