Wiki FHQC Billing Primary Care and Podiatry on the Same Day for Medicare Patients

bonncruise

Best answers
Hi There,

I work at an FQHC and have a podiatrist on site once a month. Some of our elderly Medicare pt's want to see both their primary care doctor and the podiatrist on the same day. Can we bill both encounters using modifer 59? I have looked everywhere and the answers I find are contradictorary. Does anyone know the correct way to bill or even if we can have our patients see both providers on the same day?

Thanks,

Busy Biller in Delaware:)

Hi There,

I work at an FQHC and have a podiatrist on site once a month. Some of our elderly Medicare pt's want to see both their primary care doctor and the podiatrist on the same day. Can we bill both encounters using modifer 59? I have looked everywhere and the answers I find are contradictorary. Does anyone know the correct way to bill or even if we can have our patients see both providers on the same day?

Thanks,

Busy Biller in Delaware:)

You can bill for both providers, but be carefull they still only give you one flate rate payment. Have you call NGS? and try looking under this link http://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Guidance/Manuals/Internet-Only-Manuals-IOMs.html. Hope this helps