Wiki Fetal curvature of the spine

maine4me

Guru
Best answers
I need help with a diagnosis code for fetal curvature of the spine. I hope some one here will be able to lead in the right direction.

The following is from the doctor's comments on the report.

The curvature of the cervical spine is markedly abnormal with hyperextension and slight deviation to the right. There is movement of the spine, however I was unable to see the head in a normal position during the examination. The intracranial anatomy appears normal today without ventriculomegaly, however the posterior fossa was difficult to see due to the position of the head (on the prior exam, the cerebellum and CM appeared normal).
There is no visible neural tube defect. No neck masses could be appreciated. The facial anatomy was not well seen today.
I do not see any cardiac abnormalities. The extremites appear normal, and there is no clubbing of the feet. There is normal fetal movement of the trunk and extremeties.

The only thing that seems appropriate is from the Congenital Anomalies section 756.10, Anomaly of the Spine, unspecified. The beginning of the chapter states these codes can be used at any time in the patient's life whenever the anomaly is diagnosed.