Wiki femoral arterial and venous sheath placement

lclemen

Networker
Best answers
Can somoene help me code this? I'm not sure how to code the femoral venous sheath placement, I have code 36200 for the arteriotomy. Thanks. Lisa

PROCEDURE PERFORMED:
Right common femoral arteriotomy and a 6-French sheath placement, right common femoral venous sheath placement.

DETAILS OF THE PROCEDURE:
The patient was prepped and draped in a sterile fashion. Micropuncture needle was used to obtain access and was switched to a 6-French sheath with Seldinger technique.

The patient tolerated the procedure well. The sheath was sewed in place. The patient is being transferred to the operating room for aortic valve replacement

Can somoene help me code this? I'm not sure how to code the femoral venous sheath placement, I have code 36200 for the arteriotomy. Thanks. Lisa

PROCEDURE PERFORMED:
Right common femoral arteriotomy and a 6-French sheath placement, right common femoral venous sheath placement.

DETAILS OF THE PROCEDURE:
The patient was prepped and draped in a sterile fashion. Micropuncture needle was used to obtain access and was switched to a 6-French sheath with Seldinger technique.

The patient tolerated the procedure well. The sheath was sewed in place. The patient is being transferred to the operating room for aortic valve replacement

36200 is incorrect, I think you meant 36620

take a look at 36000 for the venous access

HTH :)