Wiki Fat Grafting procedure code?

dlk

Best answers
Cosmetic surgeon needs to do a fat grafting procedure on a patient for a post traumatic injury to the thigh. Any suggestions for appropriate coding?

I will need a procedure note, .. is he using allograft or auto graft or tissue cultured graft? how large is the area to be grafted?

thank you

MD's secretary "already got the codes and billed the claim". She used 20926, 11442. I don't have any other circumstantial information on the procedure. Thank you for being so helpful.

You will definitely want to pull the documentation and review this one, she billed out a benign excision and a harvesting code?? 20926 is the code for harvesting of fat or tissue through a separate incision. Most of the time the harvesting is inclusive in the grafting code but she did not "get" a graft application code at all. You show review this one.

I work for a medical billing and consulting company. I am responsible for this particular doctors charge entry and billing. I will definitely pull documentation on this one! Thank you once again for your valuable input.