Wiki FAST procedure

rtate

New
Best answers
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this. One of our providers would like to start providing this service and we are unsure how to bill. Focused aspiration of soft tissue (FAST).
Information from Provider:
I would like to start using Tenex to perform better percutaneous tenotomies and would like to use the billing codes for that (eg 24357). All of my former colleagues, that I know, are using this procedure are using this code. Based on an inquiry to the AMA in 2012 they prefers we use unlisted procedure codes like 27899. I believe I?m performing a percutaneous tenotomy when using Tenex and as happy medium my plan is to get pre-approval with each insurance stating the billing code I plan to use is the percutaneous tenotomy one and that I plan to perform the tenotomy using Tenex. I would like to leave it up to the insurance to decide if they will cover this service or not.

Thank you,
Rene

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this. One of our providers would like to start providing this service and we are unsure how to bill. Focused aspiration of soft tissue (FAST).
Information from Provider:
I would like to start using Tenex to perform better percutaneous tenotomies and would like to use the billing codes for that (eg 24357). All of my former colleagues, that I know, are using this procedure are using this code. Based on an inquiry to the AMA in 2012 they prefers we use unlisted procedure codes like 27899. I believe I?m performing a percutaneous tenotomy when using Tenex and as happy medium my plan is to get pre-approval with each insurance stating the billing code I plan to use is the percutaneous tenotomy one and that I plan to perform the tenotomy using Tenex. I would like to leave it up to the insurance to decide if they will cover this service or not.

Thank you,
Rene

Unlisted is the correct procedure - but you'll want to check payer policy. Don't think they will pay.