Wiki Failed CPC 2nd time by 7 pts....I'm done...

ivyrose

Best answers
I was SO sure I passed the exam the 2nd time around but I failed by 7 points. I felt I really studied well and hard and still to fail by so little, what an absolute let down....I'm done :(:(

Nooooo!!!! DON'T GIVE UP. Your sooo close. I felt the same way when I didn't pass the 2nd time. I finally passed on the 4th time. My co-worker also passed it on the 4th time.
I know it's frustrating. Try not to wait to long to retake it. While everything is still fresh in your mind. Good Luck.

Definately do not give up! This is not an easy test, and there are MANY who do not pass the first few times. I love my work and feel the need to encourage others to stick with it at all costs. It is such a great feeling when you DO pass it after your hard work. Find a coworker or friend who has a lot of experience and ask them to help you study. I found that the best thing I did for myself was read the beginning of each section of the ICD-9 and CPT books, over and over. They really guide you well in selecting the correct codes. You can do it! :)

I know it may take some time, but on the hard questions or ones that you have a doubt on...highlight where you found the answer in your coding books. If you have access to the practice test or study guides, do the same thing. This will help you remember to go back and look to see if you got the correct answer and if you didnt, you will know the correct one. It also helps you breeze through the test if you are taking it a second time. :)