Wiki External carotid angio codes??

hwilcox07

Networker
Best answers
Need help figuring out angio codes for this case:

Using direct sonographic guidance, the right common femoral atery was punctured using modified Seldinger technique, and a 5 French sheath was placed. A catheter was advanced over a wire to the aortic arch, and the left external carotid artery was selected. Angiography was performed.

No bleeding diathesis is identified.

A Synchro microwire and fast tracker microcatheter were advanced through the carrier into the left internal maxillary artery. Following a negative lidocaine test, the left internal maxillary artery was embolized using 300-500 PVA particles and a 4x40 coil. Follow-up angiography confirmed occlusion of the distal left internal maxillary artery.

So my question is what codes do I charge for the cath placement and/or angiography? 36227 (Selective cath placement; external carotid artery with angiography of ipsilateral external carotid circulation and all associated S & I) is an add-on code and I don't see dictation to support charging a code from the 36222-36224 range. I know the embolization codes are 61626 & 75894 and 75898 for the f/u angio but what else can I capture in this scenario??