Wiki Experienced HCC Coder Needed for Immediate Remote Work

jschmutz

Guru
Best answers
I am looking for a handful of experienced HCC coders and this is VERY last minute. I apologize for that. See below for details.

• This is a CONTRACT position for a SHORT TERM Project. It will go for at least 8 weeks (Feb 2 thru mid-March).
  • You must have at least 2 years of active HCC coding experience.
  • This position is a 20-30 hour week position
  • HCC Coding for 2014 year.
  • Charts average 300-500 pages but can range anywhere from 100-5000 pages.
  • Most coders on this project average 6-8+ charts per hour.
  • Minimum requirement of 300 charts per pay period (600 charts a month)
  • Minimum requirement of 4+ charts per hour on average
  • Pays $14.00 - $30.00 per hour (based on CPH, as long as minimum requirements are met).
  • The overall team average for charts per hour is 6.8 charts per hour.
  • You must maintain a 95% accuracy. This is the clients rule. They will work with you to get your score up as long as you are showing progress.
  • Mandatory interactive, live-online training required. I pay $15/hour for the training and you must code a minimum of 600 charts before you are reimbursed for the training. Training/testing is approximately 5 hours total.
  • Signed contract with Aviacode that is approved by the client.
  • Proof of credentials (CPC or equivalent).
  • You will be paid twice a month on the 10th and 26th. The pay periods go from 1-15 and 16-31.
  • This is a 1099 position.
  • Must have a Windows Based Operating System (MAC is not compatible)

There is a mandatory HCC test that will be given tomorrow by the client from 7pm - 9pm MST (hence the urgency).

If you are interested please send your answers to the following questions to Jennifer.Schmutz@aviacode.com by 2:00pm MST on Friday, Jan 30. Again, I apologize for the short notice.

• [*]What is your name?
    [*]What is your email address?
    [*]What is your phone number?
    [*]Do you have at least 2 years of HCC coding experience?
    [*]Do you meet and understand all the requirements stated above?
    [*]Can you commit and guarantee to coding a minimum of 300 charts a pay period on this project?
    [*]Can you remain on this project until at least March 15?
    [*]Do you have current contract with Aviacode?
    [*]Please provide your credentials:
    [*]Member ID:
    [*]Member ID Last Name:
    [*]AAPC or AHIMA?
    [*]Expiration Date?
    [*]Are you able to take a two hour timed HCC test this Friday (1/30) from 7pm-9pm MOUNTAIN time?

Once you respond you will be given more details about the pay rate breakdown to determine whether you are still interested.

Thank you, Jennifer

Last edited:
Hi I am interested in the interactive on-line training, is that available without having to commit to the project? Of course I would pay any related expenses personally. HCCs is an area that I would like to dive into after I finish an ICD-10 project for a current client. Thank you.