Wiki Experienced Coder/Biller in Houston, Texas looking for full-time position

tpequeno

Contributor
Best answers
Hello I am currently seeking full-time employment in the greater Houston area. I currently hold my CPC and have over five years healthcare management experience. Please see my resume below if interested.

Tammy Pequeno CPC
10122 Barr Lake Drive Houston, Texas 77095 l 281-216-1647 l tpequeno@netzero.net
Billing and Auditing Manager

Dedicated and technically skilled healthcare business professional with versatile administrative skills in a business office setting managing a staff of eight Billers, two Coding Auditors and five Transcriptionists.
Excel in resolving employer and physician challenges with innovative solutions, systems and process improvements proven to increase efficiency and maximize reimbursement.
Offer advanced computer skills in MS Office Suite, EMR software and other billing software.
Key Skills​

Teambuilding & Supervision
Staff Development & Training
Policies & Procedures Manuals
Report & Document Preparation
Spreadsheet & Database Creation
EMR software Implementation
Records Management
Budget/Meeting Planning
Certified Professional Coder
Experience

Surgeons Management, Houston, Texas
2006 to Present
Billing and Auditing Manager, 2006 to present
Billing and Auditing Manager over large multi-physician orthopedic and podiatric healthcare clinics and ASCs in multiple states across the United States.
Responsible for managing daily coding and billing procedures for a staff of eight Medical Billers.
Responsible for managing daily duties for two Coding Auditors and five Transcriptionists.
Responsible for hiring and training new employees and implementing department policies and procedures.
Monitoring staff development and quality assurance.
Coding from progress notes and operative reports.
Responsible for training staff over coding procedures from physician progress notes and operative reports.
Educate Providers and Business Office Staff over coding and documentation requirements.
Prepare and conduct quarterly trainings for Business Office Staff pertaining to coding, billing or compliance issues.
Assign appropriate ICD-9-CM and CPT Codes to documentation pertaining to surgical procedures and Evaluation and Management charges for multi physicians.
1960 West Chiropractic Center, Houston, Texas
2003 to 2006
Medical Office Manager
Managed Chiropractic office over daily opening and closing procedures.
Hired and trained new employees.
Coded and billed all insurance claims to Medicare, Worker's Comp and Commercial Insurances.
Reviewed EOBs for accuracy of reimbursement and appealed claims as necessary.
Posted insurance payments to patient's accounts.

Education

Lone Star College, Houston, Texas
2009-Present
Health Information Technology Associate Degree Program
· Currently enrolled in Associate Degree Program for Health Information Technology to be completed in 2012.
CPC via AAPC June 2011

Last edited: