Wiki excision vs revision

paula f3

Best answers
I have an op note from a plastic surgeon with a PX (1) Removal LT forehead mass (2) excison of scar w/ scar revision w/ complex closure
op note reads: An incision was made about the scar on the left forehead, which was about 2-3 cm long and this was excisied, taken down to the frontalis. It was obvious that the mass was underneath the frontalis. Therefore, I elevated the frontalis inferiorly and identified what appeared to be a lipoma, which I peeled off the periosteum easily. This was sent for pathological evaluation, as was the skin paddle taken with the scar. Everything was the copiously irrigated and meticulous hemostasis was obtained. The wound was closed in layers. The subQ layer was closed using 4-0 Vicryl. The skin was closed using 4-0 Monocryl, and I put 5-0 nylon through the top layer.
H&P it is stated mass 2.5 cmx 1cm. I am looking at code 13132, 11446-59.

Thank you for your help
Paula

If pathology confirmed that it was a lipoma, that is a soft tissue tumor so I would be looking at 21012 versus 11446. As far as the scar revision, I would not think it could be billed separately since it was through the same incision.