Wiki Examiner means.....

Best answers
I have a question and was wondering if anyone would be willing to give their opinion. I am trying to decide whether a new problem or established problem to examiner should be billed in the scenario: Dr. A sees Patient John in the pediatric Care outpatient clinic for bronchitis.A new patient visit is billed for John by Dr. A. 1month later, Dr. B is covering for Dr. A at the same pediatric care clinic and sees John for symptoms started 2 days back and he finally diagnosed bronchitis. Dr. B is trying to bill John for a established patient visit as well because Dr. B is part of Dr. A's group. my question is bronchitis is whether new problem or established problem to Dr.B(both are same specialty) because E&M table state that you should count based on problems are new or established to examiner only.

Last edited:
The patient is considered established by definition and the problem would be considered new if it is new to that specific provider. As far as I know from all the documentation I have read, diagnoses are provider specific.

Thank you Andrew.Here after i go by your words. How to conclude diagnosis are established to specific provider. can you give one example for established problem to one specific provider?

Last edited:
Thank you Andrew.Here after i go by your words. How to conclude diagnosis are established to specific provider. can you give one example for established problem to one specific provider?