Wiki Exam Prep

CAJ

New
Best answers
Does the CPMA exam focus on inpt/outpt or just general concepts? I've heard others speak about having to do case auditing on the exam and needed to know if they are inpt/outpt as I know nothing about inpt coding.

Does the CPMA exam focus on inpt/outpt or just general concepts? I've heard others speak about having to do case auditing on the exam and needed to know if they are inpt/outpt as I know nothing about inpt coding.

No inpatient coding knowledge needed for the exam.

I'm getting ready to take the exam next weekend. Are there any hints or tips that I can focus on for this week?

Thanks,
Mary Wells

Know your laws(i.e. stark, anti-kickback, false claims, etc) and the penalties. Know what should be included in hospital records, op notes, and the various speciality documentation guidelines.
I would say it wasn't as difficult as the CPC as long as you know your guidelines.

Good Luck!!

cpma book question...

am also taking the cpma exam next weekend...it says no ingenix cpt book... should i risk taking my ingenix book (thats all i buy) or buy an ama one just to placate.. adversely, if i was turned away because of my book choice, would that use up my first test try or would it be reinstated? if anyone knows that would be great, thx!

I talked to the proctor for my exam last night. She checked her paperwork and told me no Ingenix CPT book, only the AMA CPT book can be used. Where are you taking your exam? Good luck!