Wiki Exam 2 questions

Best answers
Hello -

Is the information on the general multi-system exam worksheet set in stone? Meaning, the information that it allows for counts and anything else does not count?

Example:
Vital Signs: ?*Temperature: Reviewed. ?*RR: Reviewed. ?*PR: Reviewed. ?*Blood pressure: Reviewed.
General Appearance: ?*Normal. ?*Well developed. ?*Well nourished. ?*In no acute distress.
Head: Injuries: ?*No evidence of a head injury. Appearance: ?*Head normocephalic.
Psychiatric: Mood: ?*Euthymic. Affect: ?*Normal.
Skin: ?*Skin: 4cm incision on lateral right anterior shin healing, well-approximated edges. No erythema or exudate. Mild surrounding swelling.

According to the sheet, the exam would receive 4 points.
1- Constitutional
2- General Appearance
3- Skin
4 - Psychiatric

That leaves the "Head." Does the provider not get any credit for the head?

Last question: If the exam of a system, say cardiovasular: When it says "Ausculation of heart with notation of abnormal sounds and mumurs.

If the provider documents that ausculation of the heart had no abnormal sounds and no mumurs. Since there is no findings of abnormal would the provider not get credit for this aspect of the cardio exam?

Thank you

97 and I just answered question number 1 - feel stupid for asking. lol

Any advice on the second part of my question?

There does not need to be positive findings in an examination for the physician to get credit so long as he documents pertinent negative findings. So in your example, yes, I would give credit for that cardiac portion.