Wiki Euflexxa Visits

Best answers
Hello All,

I recently finished school and have started a new job as a medical biller for a small orthopaedic practice. I have a question regarding the Euflexxa visits: is billing a 99024 appropriate for the 2nd and 3rd visits for Euflexxa? I know that you cannot bill a regular e/m visit but with the billing company that we use, they keep kicking it back to me (mostly those that have medicare as their primary insurance) talking about the global periods. I have just been taking the 99024's out and billing the Euflexxa and the injection. Is this correct??

Thank You for your help.

No global period for Euflexxa

Code 20610 does not have a global period. Check your encoder to verify this. For Euflexxa, just bill out the code for the Euflexxa and the 20610. That's all you need. These are always done a week apart. So there is never a global period.

Code 20610 does not have a global period. Check your encoder to verify this. For Euflexxa, just bill out the code for the Euflexxa and the 20610. That's all you need. These are always done a week apart. So there is never a global period.

Thank You so much! I have been taking the 99024's out. I will let my co-workers know.