Wiki Ethics in Office

k2ulei

Best answers
Hi Everybody! I work for a DC and part of our facility is a clothing optinal spa area (steam / sauna rooms). Are there any laws about proper codes of conduct for medical offices (professionalism, proper attire, etc...)? The reason I ask is because my DC is very casual about spa users walking thru our office with only a towel on during normal business hours. I feel that this is very unprofessionalism, but are there are any laws about this? I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Holy smokes. You never know what you're going to read on this board!

As an employee, you have a right to feel safe in your place of employment. If it makes you uncomfortable having semi-naked people move around in your office space, I think you can request that they not enter your workspace. I can't imagine why anyone would think it was appropriate to prance about like that, but perhaps you can ask about restricting the clothes-optional folks to the sauna/dressing areas only, or other designated areas away from the administrative offices. You can always check with an attorney, but have you mentioned to your DC that this makes you uncomfortable? Does it bother other patients or co-workers? Since the sauna is part of the services he offers, of course people are going to be undressed, but is it reasonable to expect them to remain in that area? I believe so. I'd talk about it with your DC first, and if you get nowhere, then you either have to decide about getting legal advice, or just moving on.