Wiki Entry level question

Not a good experience here

Has anyone used a staffing service for an entry level position? How was the outcome?

Yes, I used a staffing service for my first coding job. Unfortunately, they gave the client the impression I was more experienced than I really was. I was told my quality was very good but my productivity was not going to cut it, so I only lasted there 2 1/2 months. They ended up keeping other temps that were quicker. I don't know what their quality was like. Again, I've had a similar experience with a coding job I got on my own. I received minimal training on a new specialty I'd not done before, they kept moving my work site around (further away from the one noted in the job description and was told I'd be trained and working at.) It seems like there is no "learning curve" or time to adjust to your new surroundings, co-workers, company culture, etc. It's just produce, produce, produce.

Ask about the client's expectations, and make sure the staffing service doesn't "oversell" your skill level and experience, that's my advice. Good Luck to you!

Great experience!

I used Addison Group. They came highly recommended by my local chapter and they worked hard at trying to get me my first coding position. I had two interviews with two different healthcare facilities and was hired with the second healthcare facility. I'm now FT. So, I would recommend Addison Group if they are in your area. I found it hard trying to get into the field on my own. Many healthcare facilities use staffing agencies to find employees. I wish you the best!