Wiki Encoder - Several out there

programs we have used....

Depends on what you are using it for...
We'rve had subscriptions with EncoderPro, Supercoder, SpeedyCoder, tested Don Self's Coding-Advisor, and currently use the full version of the AAPC coder program. Since our business is all physician-based and I'm personally a team subset member, it's hard to distinguish my favorite, but lean towards Mr. Self's coding advisor and the AAPC program which we currently use.

All these programs have free trial periods, and would be worth visiting their home pages to see if what they offer might work for you.

Ill be sticking with the Old School method for now. The books. I did subscribe to findacode as i figured it would make the I10 proficiency test better but for I9 and CPT, I'm still much quicker using the book.

I use EncoderPro from Optum and the AAPC coder with the add-on to give me access to the CPT Assistant. Both are good but I find the AAPC coder gives more bang for the buck.

Yes, CK, I do so appreciate the old-school method of being proficient with the best foundation---the books! However, in this modern day where coding and billing are so vastly inter-related, it's crucial to have the high-tech skills to navigatet the red-tape and beaurocracy of the LCD's, NCD's, CCI edits, and other helpful information to do the job even more efficiently. Going back to the original poster's question and my followup, it just depends on what is needed!

We currently use 3M 360 Encompass and Code Ryte for our professional services. We are nearly 1 year into the implementation and so far I don't see many problems with the programs. We have some IT related issues, but so far they all seem to be internal server issues and not the software itself. It is very user-friendly, we have coders of all education levels and age using the program with no issues at all.