Wiki Em during global.

JesseL

Expert
Best answers
PATIENT HAS PAIN WALKING FROM EXCISION OF LESION ON ACHILLES HEEL.

Is the visit below not billable since it occurred during the 10 day global from the excision? even though the provider spent a lot of time? or it's considered included with the global?

PAIN IN LIMB
No erythema, no edema and well healed scar located on right lower extremity Medical Decision Making: PAIN IN LIMB POC: Recommendation is patient finds that there's tightness on extension, but not on dorsiflexion. she's concerned that this will affect her walking. studied patient's gait in the office and discussed with patient that walking is with dorsiflexion and not extension. she does not have to worry about walking affecting her surgical wound. she needs to have some confidence when she walks. she's currently swinging her legs from her hips to baby her foot. discussed with patient that swinging her leg with ambulation is not necessary since she's perfectly capable of dorsiflexion. 30 mins spent with patient analyzing her walk, checking her range of movement, showing her exercises to do for rehabilitation. no need for PO antibiotics - no signs of infection.

Last edited:
This looks to me as though it is included in the global, as it is a follow-up for the surgery.

That's what I thought too but then again I think the AMA says that complications are not included with the global while medicare considers complications to be included with the global.. Patient has a medicaid managed plan so I assume they would follow medicare's way of doing things..