Wiki Electronic Stimulation...

alysonrs

Networker
Best answers
Can someone please help me to know what code to bill for this...97014??

This is a sample note:

Diagnosis:
? 356.9 Peripheral Neuropathy
? 729.5 Pain, Lower extremities
? 353.6 Phantom limb pain

Operation:
? Electronic stimulation of the lower extremities

Indications:
symptoms of phantom limb pain presents for weekly electroanalgesic therapy.

Details of Procedure:
Patient was placed in the prone position on the exam table. 4, 5"x8" electrode pads, were placed on the treatment sites.

Electroanalgesia therapy was utilized for the application of low frequencies(<2,000 Hz) and medium frequencies(2,000 - 100,000 Hz)

Electroanalgesia (EA) was accomplished by placing large 5" X 8" electrodes over the treatment area for 25 min. The strength of EA treatment was reduced to the ability of the affected nerves to transmit pain signals and, promote healing by means of the depolarization on the nerve cells.

The medical device used specific pre-programmed software algorithms to bioelectrically trigger different desired physiological mechanisms of actions from frequencies starting at .1 Hz - .5 Hz (for stimulation) then changed throughout the treatment to include a 5,000 Hz frequency for 15 min. treatment. A High Definition frequency generator (HDfg) was used to produce much higher frequencies, (8,300 Hz). Carrier frequency and intensity(dosage) was matched to the appropriate level at the time of treatment.

Any help would be appreciated!

Dont give up

I'm going to ask people on the FB page to check out this forum, maybe someone will and give you some help. That's not my area of specialty.

Career Fair Thursday May 22nd 2014 1pm ? 8pm
Central Broward Regional Park
Non-profit event free to public and Health care employers.
Participation free to health care employers.
2 CEU?s Free to AAPC and AHIMA members.
For more details, reply via email. Or check out FB page.
www.facebook.com/groups/aapcll