Wiki Electromyography codes help

nazcoder

Networker
Best answers
Hello,
can anyone please assist with the guidelines of CPT codes 95860, 95904, 95885, and 95886. How do they intertwine with each other and should there be a bundling of these codes? Thank you so much for your help in advance...:)

Alas, this subject interests me as well and am hoping that you'll get some advice. Sorry I can't help at this point. There's interesting reading on this subject in the Coding Edge from a few months back, but it would be nice to get some add'l feedback from others on this forum who work these type of procedures and billing information would be a huge plus!

Suzanne,

thanks for the feedback. I will search for that article and definitely keep you updated. I understand utilizing 3M could be very helpful but I will have to wait and see. Thanks.:)

Elecreomtography

Hi there!

95860 EMG is a diagnostic TEST used to evaluate pain,weakness, numbness or tingling in the upper or lower extremities. If you notice it is based on number of extremity. One of more pins are inserted through the skin and into the muscle and a cable attached to a machine for visual display. Electrical activity is recorded. Physician review the EMG recorded and provide written report.

95904 is a nerve conduction STUDY use to diagnose and evaluate damage to nerves, nerve disorders, symtoms and other abnormal sensation. Several flat metal disc electrode are attached to the skin with paste or tape. Conduction time it takes for the muscle to contract to response to the shock is recorded. The provider review the recording and provide written findings.

95885 (limited) and 95886 (complete) EMG is a diagnostic test used to evaluate pain, weakness, numbness or tingling in the extremities. EMG OFTEN PERFORMED IN CONJUNCTION WITH NERVE CONDUCTION STUDY (compared to code 95860). The physician review the needle EMG and the nerve condution recording and writes the report. 95885 for limited study and 95886 for complete study.

I hope this will help.