Wiki ECT Billing

cnjacobs15

Networker
Best answers
I am looking for guidance on ECT Billing. To give you a bit of background. In our area there are two main health care facilities. We recently hired a Psychiatrist who previously worked at the other health care group in the area. This provider is going to be performing ECT procedures at the local Hospital owned by the other group. He is a member of the hospital medical staff with privileges. He will be seeing patients both established and non established to OUR group..

When he is seeing our established patients we will bill 90870 under our tax ID/ provider NPI for the ECT..
But my question is since we are using the hospitals OR and resources for this.. Will the hospital be able to bill for their services? Anesthesia(00104) , clincial staff etc?

I cannot find official guidance on this so any information helps! We have agreements with this local hospital for our medical providers for surgeries and consultations so i assume it would be similar but this is a completely new behavioral health service to us.

Thank you!