Wiki eclinicalworks EHR/PM

mrsjehu

Networker
Best answers
I have a physician for a small practice that is currently having eclinicalworks do their billing. They are wanting to bring it "in house". Has anyone had any experience with this? They have eclinicalworks EHR & PM. They would be wanting me to get them switched over and start the coding/billing in house for them. Just curious if anyone has done this successfully or if anyone has any tips!

What exactly do you want to know

I have a physician for a small practice that is currently having eclinicalworks do their billing. They are wanting to bring it "in house". Has anyone had any experience with this? They have eclinicalworks EHR & PM. They would be wanting me to get them switched over and start the coding/billing in house for them. Just curious if anyone has done this successfully or if anyone has any tips!

Hi, I currently work with ECW, what exactly would you like to know about it?

The clinic is on V10, I have been watching the billing videos for this version to try and get an idea of how this system works.

There has been mention about locking records and locking payments. A little confused on that one.
Is there any printed material with directions on how to certain things like running statements, running an ageing report?
Does this system do automatic posting from electronic payments from insurance companies?
The videos are nice, I just work better with step by step printed instructions that I can refer back to. At the moment, I am likely to be watching the videos multiple times to make my own instructions.
Thanks for any help you can offer.

ECW manuals

Hi Mrsjehu
Well locking payments is done for fiscal department needs. To be, maybe, accurate with reports and analyses on AR (let's say for Funds). In case of an Audit from the State, that way numbers will be the same. We don't use that feature though. Because if you do so, in future, if you get a retracting money situation, or another EOB from the company with taking-giving stuff, you won't be able to edit the payment. :eek:
Locking records (progress notes in our case) allows closing the Dr's note with his electronic signature and passing the encounter to billing. It will show up in the reporting as "encounter to claim". And billing takes over from there. Also, compliance wise, it won't let any other changes to the note later. Which is actually a plus, but sometimes Drs make mistakes, and there will be someone assigned in the company to unlock it. So no worries. ;)

AR reportings are done through their special portal on EBO. THere is also a report master in ECW, that if you play around, you'll get some useful tools.

Manuals! are available :) on there support portal. Here is the link (you should be able to print it out from there): http://my.eclinicalworks.com
A lot to print though ;)

Hope this helps. Good Luck!