Wiki Ebooks- cpt, icd-100cm

lauraleerdh

Contributor
Best answers
Hello all,
Does anyone use the eBook versions for coding?
If yes, how are you finding the codes quickly? Is there a more efficent method in doing so?

I've seached for a term in the search bar, which renders -- at times depending on the word/term-- a very long list. I'm wanting to just search the alphabetic index first, but it searches the entire book, often not adding from the Alphabetic index in the results.

Example:
In the CPT ebook. I search for 'excision".
I get 500 results, not one of them is in the alphabetic index? All I wanted is to be taken to the Excision category in the Alphabetic Index to search that category.

But, if I enter in search "excision skin" or "excistion lesion". I get many results, non of which take me to the Excision category to the appropriate sub category.
But, if I search "excision abdomen", that does take mt to the appropriate location in the Alphabetic Index.

Is anyone using the ebooks for their work? If yes, how are you searching the terms to find the appropriate code.

At this point I'm disappointed in the ebooks... they're not inexpensive, I had thought searchability would be easier and faster with them.
I'm hoping its that I'm doing something wrong with using them.

Thank you for your insights
Laura