Wiki E/M

LR1028

Best answers
Hello!
I have recently been promoted to do billing and coding in our medical office. I am not yet certified but i am pursuing certification. I am reviewing EMR and i am having a hard time figuring out if the E/M code that the providers are using is correct. It seems that some are using the 1995 or 1997 guidelines. I also feel that they are using both. Some providers over document others are not documenting enough. Can anyone please recommend good resource material or links i might be able to go to?
Thanks

Hello!
I have recently been promoted to do billing and coding in our medical office. I am not yet certified but i am pursuing certification. I am reviewing EMR and i am having a hard time figuring out if the E/M code that the providers are using is correct. It seems that some are using the 1995 or 1997 guidelines. I also feel that they are using both. Some providers over document others are not documenting enough. Can anyone please recommend good resource material or links i might be able to go to?
Thanks

Congrats!!

I would recommend getting on your local Medicare carriers website for info as well. E/M university is awesome too!