Wiki E/M vs. Immunization Administration (90460-90474)

MWOOD

Contributor
Best answers
Patient comes to the office for a review of immunizations and the practitioner determines which shots are needed. No exam is done just the injection. If the patient is new then all component of the E/M must be meet. However, there is no exam therefore I cannot bill the E/M. Since we do not staff nurses this is done by our MDs. In this scenario how would you bill?

My other thought is if the practitioner documents total counseling time then we could bill the E/M to meet the counseling requirements, any thoughts

Patient comes to the office for a review of immunizations and the practitioner determines which shots are needed. No exam is done just the injection. If the patient is new then all component of the E/M must be meet. However, there is no exam therefore I cannot bill the E/M. Since we do not staff nurses this is done by our MDs. In this scenario how would you bill?

My other thought is if the practitioner documents total counseling time then we could bill the E/M to meet the counseling requirements, any thoughts

You might see if 99401 - 99404 would work. ;)