Wiki E/M Coding - some suggestions

Best answers
Hello, I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on how to better understand the E/M section? I have the Carol Buck book Step-By-Step but having a hard time with it. Thanks for any help you may have.

suggestions

don't know anything about the book but if you visit your local hospital coding dept they can direct you to the physician coding dept. I am sure someone there could copy things from the "coding bible" and or pass on a fold out cheat sheet for reference.

if it is ok to contact you directly I will share what I can. not sure what area you are coding: plastic, derm, surg.... and how big your practice is. I will help as I can.

wendy

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on how to better understand the E/M section? I have the Carol Buck book Step-By-Step but having a hard time with it. Thanks for any help you may have.

Check with your MAC for webinars/other training; most offer some type of resources for E/M services. Also, EMUniversity.com seems to be a pretty popular site, mentioned in several of the other threads here.