Wiki E/M coding for Oncology/Hematology

shelly1966

Contributor
Best answers
My Dr. is a hematologist/Oncologist and Internest.
My question is when coding for E/M under the complexity and prob. addressed can we count the hypertension and diabetes management if he isn't the Dr. who perscribes the meds for the htn and Dm? or can we since he is an internest also.
He is being seen for Polycythemia and Leukocytosis.
thanks so much!

My Dr. is a hematologist/Oncologist and Internest.
My question is when coding for E/M under the complexity and prob. addressed can we count the hypertension and diabetes management if he isn't the Dr. who perscribes the meds for the htn and Dm? or can we since he is an internest also.
He is being seen for Polycythemia and Leukocytosis.
thanks so much!
if your provider did not manage pt's HTN or DM at this visit, or take them into consideration when treating polycythermia and leukocytosis and document how the HTN and DM affected these other condtiions, then no. In this months' HBM magazine, Rae Jimenez has an article, and this type of question was asked in the FAQ section. Hope this helps.

if your provider did not manage pt's HTN or DM at this visit, or take them into consideration when treating polycythermia and leukocytosis and document how the HTN and DM affected these other condtiions, then no. In this months' HBM magazine, Rae Jimenez has an article, and this type of question was asked in the FAQ section. Hope this helps.
Thank you very much. This was very helpful!