Wiki E/M codes for Community Mental Health Center

Cassandra Stone

Contributor
Best answers
Does anyone know which E/M codes to use for a community mental health center place of service 53?

I have not done this type of billing before and want to make sure I select the correct codes. From what I've seen online we would use the E/M codes for outpatient visits and 90833, 90836 or 90838 for any physcotherapy.. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

Does anyone know which E/M codes to use for a community mental health center place of service 53?

I have not done this type of billing before and want to make sure I select the correct codes. From what I've seen online we would use the E/M codes for outpatient visits and 90833, 90836 or 90838 for any physcotherapy.. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

We are a CMHC, with POS 53, we do use the e/m codes and add-ons that you just described, usually with no problems at all. Sometimes, depending on the clients benefits, claims will either process for copay or ded/coins, but we haven't had any problems with the add on codes other than that. There does have to be clearly documented psychotherapy with the EM visit to substantiate the billing of both codes.

Hope this helps:)