Wiki E&M and injection Multiple Procedure Discount

Best answers
for 2018 has anyone heard about billing an E&M (w/25) and injection or aspiration (20600-20610) that there will now be a multiple procedure discount with Medicare? thank you in advance for any help and/or links.

I read a notice from BC that they will discount the E&M to 50%, it would not surprise me if others do the same thing including Medicare.

Anthem BCBS has changed position and will delay the reduction to March 1, 2018. E/M reduction will be 25% (instead of the proposed 50%). AMA and professional societies are still working against the reduction.

Reimbursement Policy Update -- Evaluation and Management Services and Related Modifiers 25 and 57

In the October 2017 edition of Network Update , Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Anthem) shared upcoming changes to the Evaluation and Management Services and Related Modifiers 25 and 57 Professional Reimbursement Policy for Kentucky, Ohio and Wisconsin. The notice indicated that evaluation and management services that are eligible for separate reimbursement when reported by the same provider on the same day as a minor surgery would be reduced by 50%, beginning January 1, 2018. Please note, the following information updates the previously published policy information.

Beginning with dates of service on or after March 1, 2018, Evaluation and Management Services (CPT codes 99201-99215) that are eligible for separate reimbursement when reported by the same provider on the same day as a minor surgery will be reduced by 25%. Minor surgeries have a global period of 0 or 10 days, and the impacted CPT codes are 10000-69999, excluding CPT 36415, 36416, and 69210. As a reminder, please review the guidelines on reporting Modifier 25 in Anthem's reimbursement policy.

For more information, please see Professional Reimbursement policies online by going to anthem.com>Menu>Providers. Select your state, then Answers@Anthem>Reimbursement Policies -- Professional.

Could not find Policy

Is this policy affecting all Anthem plans or only a certain few?

How do you register for updates for Anthem? I get monthly emails from United Healthcare, CMS, and Aetna on revisions, changes, deletions, and creations of medical/reimbursement policies. I have yet to find a way to get Anthem's updates.