Wiki E/M-25 with Gel-One

Linda77

Best answers
We have an Ortho that wants to bill his E/M-25 with 20610 LT/RT and Gel -One(jxxxx). Since the decision for the Gel-One is done at an earlier visit then we are telling the Dr. that he can not bill an E/M at the time of the Gel-One procedure. Does anyone agree it should be bundled or does anyone have experience in billing the E/M with the procedure and getting paid. Thank you so much in advance guys. :)

We have an Ortho that wants to bill his E/M-25 with 20610 LT/RT and Gel -One(jxxxx). Since the decision for the Gel-One is done at an earlier visit then we are telling the Dr. that he can not bill an E/M at the time of the Gel-One procedure. Does anyone agree it should be bundled or does anyone have experience in billing the E/M with the procedure and getting paid. Thank you so much in advance guys. :)

If the decision to do the procedure was made at a previously billed E&M visit he cannot justify another E&M. That is the definition of double dipping.

Good luck :)

lauenortho my coworker found something after I posted. CMS downloads under Intra-Articular Injections of Hyaluronan Billing and Coding Guidelines. I hope this helps!