Wiki Dx for cyst sent to path, path not back yet....

SienTC1720

Networker
Best answers
This is what I have, not sure what to use for a diagnosis:

S. Here today because of a cyst on her lower back in the midline which she states has been there for a couple of years. It has not changed much but when she exercises and presses her back against something it bothers her.
PMH: Unremarkable.
Meds: Currently she only takes Prozac.
Drug Allergies: None.
PE: Reveals a cyst in the midline over the lumbar spine probably about the level of L3-L4.
A. Cyst probably cutaneous in nature.
P. Excisional biopsy.
Procedure Note: With the patient in the prone position, the skin was infiltrated with 0.25% Marcaine with epinephrine. An elliptical incision was made incorporating the skin overlying the cyst down into subcutaneous tissues. There appeared to be a cystic structure beneath the skin which did not clearly originate within the skin. I excised this down to the fascia and sutured the wound with 3-0 chromic and 4-0 nylon. The size of the cyst was approximately 3 cm. I sent the specimen to pathology. I will see her again for suture removal in a week.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Waiting for pathology report results/final

Hi,
Even with medical facilities wanting the charges out the door in "so many days". My recommendation/suggestion is to wait for the final pathology results. I defer charges for a week or two if necessary for the "final diagnosis". Some times we are waiting because our pathology team sent it out for a consultation or for maybe a different facility to apply & or interpret stains or even for an "internal consult" and they are actually the ones waiting.
Thanks,
Dana Chock, CPC, CCA, CANPC, CHONC, CPMA, CPB