Wiki dx codes

jo.west

New
Best answers
Hi all,

I've been working on practice cases for a class and I have been having trouble with these two. I've tried everything that I can think of including different sequencing and I just can't figure them out. So, I'm asking you all for a little help.

First case: 1. normal left ventricle. 2 moderate biatrial enlargement. 3. mild non-rheumatic tricuspid regurgitation, but only mild increase in right heart pressures.
I'm not sure if the enlargement is also coded, but I have tried with and with out that code with 424.1 and it keeps coming up as incorrect.

Second case: Exam: abdomen and pelvis CT Reason: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea for one day. Fever. Right upper quadrant pain for one day. Impression: unremarkable exam.
I've tried vcodes with various combinations of codes for the symptoms. Still at a loss.

:confused:

diagnosis codes

Hey,
We must be in the same course, I have the same trouble with the first one, but the second one is 787.01(nausea with vomiting), 787.91(diarrhea), 780.60(fever), 789.01(RUQ pain. Good luck, let me know if you get the other figured out

For the first case, you will probaly need to code the biatrial enlargement (429.3) first and the non-rheumatic Tricuspid Regurgitation (424.2) second. Hope this helps.

Laura L. Porter, CPC
Jamestown Area Medical Associates

Hey,
We must be in the same course, I have the same trouble with the first one, but the second one is 787.01(nausea with vomiting), 787.91(diarrhea), 780.60(fever), 789.01(RUQ pain. Good luck, let me know if you get the other figured out

Thanks, I thought I had tried that combo, but apparently not. ;)

For the first case, you will probaly need to code the biatrial enlargement (429.3) first and the non-rheumatic Tricuspid Regurgitation (424.2) second. Hope this helps.

Laura L. Porter, CPC
Jamestown Area Medical Associates

That's what I thought too, and it came up incorrect.

Hi all,

I've been working on practice cases for a class and I have been having trouble with these two. I've tried everything that I can think of including different sequencing and I just can't figure them out. So, I'm asking you all for a little help.

First case: 1. normal left ventricle. 2 moderate biatrial enlargement. 3. mild non-rheumatic tricuspid regurgitation, but only mild increase in right heart pressures.
I'm not sure if the enlargement is also coded, but I have tried with and with out that code with 424.1 and it keeps coming up as incorrect.

Second case: Exam: abdomen and pelvis CT Reason: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea for one day. Fever. Right upper quadrant pain for one day. Impression: unremarkable exam.
I've tried vcodes with various combinations of codes for the symptoms. Still at a loss.

:confused:
You said here that you are using 424.1 for tricuspid regurg? It is 424.2. Try that one.