Wiki DSP

kfreschlin

Contributor
Best answers
At the Rise conference in Chicago in May, there was a presentation given by Colleen Gianatasio in which she mentioned a newer CDI acronym, DSP (diagnosis, status, plan). After extensive search on the web, I cannot find any reference material for use in support of this method to present to our providers. Does anyone have any insight as where I might be able obtain this, if it exists?

At the Rise conference in Chicago in May, there was a presentation given by Colleen Gianatasio in which she mentioned a newer CDI acronym, DSP (diagnosis, status, plan). After extensive search on the web, I cannot find any reference material for use in support of this method to present to our providers. Does anyone have any insight as where I might be able obtain this, if it exists?
after googling a little, I was excited to find an article that mentioned this, but:

While acronyms such as MEAT and TAMPER are helpful, Gianatasio suggests using a more provider-friendly version: DSP (diagnosis, status, plan).

sorry.
:rolleyes:

thanks for the reply. I am assuming that the article and above quote from it was the AAPC article? I did reach out to Colleen Gianatasio and she never replied. I am wondering if the email on the AAPC website for her is still valid.

thanks for the reply. I am assuming that the article and above quote from it was the AAPC article? I did reach out to Colleen Gianatasio and she never replied. I am wondering if the email on the AAPC website for her is still valid.
your assumption is correct.

it looks like she is the president of the AAPC National Advisory Board.
here is the email listed (probably the one you used): colleen.gianatasio@aapcnab.com

she, also, has a linked-in account, which lists the AAPC. I did not log into Linked-In, so I don't know if there is another way to contact her.

it is a time of year where people are out of the office, so maybe she will get back to you after the new year.

good luck!:)