Wiki Drug Screening Companies?

KristinM522

Networker
Best answers
Hi all-

I work for an Orthopaedic practice and we recently hired a pain management doctor, I seem to always be recruited to research all the different things he would like to do and I haven't got the first clue on anything pain management. My newest project is to research companies that offer urine drug screen (confirmations) DNA swabs etc. I don't know how this works, I guess we need a company that will offer the products? Can anyone help me get started in the right direction to find out more information?

Sorry to be so vague, this is about as much info as I got from my admin on the subject.

Thanks in advance!

Drug Screening

Hello,

I work for an orthopedic group that also bill's for a pain management office as well. We do drug screen but only urine. There is a lot that go's into the coding and billing for this depending on your location and how you are collecting the sample. I would be happy to help if I am able too. Feel free to email me at tsalomon03@hotmail.com

Have a great day!
Tiffany S

This type of testing seems to fall under saliva testing if I understand the question and it seems like this is point of care method without the specimen being sent on. I don't know a lot about it. The one thing to consider of saliva versus urine is the detection time frame that the test can capture the presence of the drug.

The most notable difference in detection times would for marijuana which by urine testing would be present potentially up to 30 days for frequent user versus the saliva testing that 1-18 hours. With marijuana one of the more common drugs of abuse that show up on urine drug screens, it is questionable if saliva testing can compare to urine drug testing. For example, there are multiple internet articles describing how to pass a saliva drug screen, here an example that I found that makes it seem a little questionable:

"I?ve heard cases where people can smoke the same day and still pass! As a general rule, the easiest way to pass a saliva test is to stop smoking for a day or two prior to taking the test. Be sure to brush your teeth thoroughly and use mouthwash daily to clean out the potential toxins."

http://www.uatests.com/drug-testing-information/saliva-drug-detection-window.php

Cannabinoids (THC-Marijuana)
Saliva
1-18 Hours
Urine
Infrequent user: 1-10 Days Chronic user: 30 Days or longer

Cocaine Metabolite
Saliva
1-48 Hours
Urine
1-4 Days

Methamphetamines
Saliva