Wiki donna3679

donna3679

Contributor
Best answers
Has anyone else in general surgery had to start using G codes when doing surgery at the Ambulatory surgery centers. Our practice has just been bought by our local hospital. All of our Medicare claims are being rejected when we do surgery at the surgical center POS 24, for not having a G code on our claims. What I have read, it pertains to the surgery centers, not the doctor's doing surgery. Am I wrong??? Can anyone give me some information.....need help. :(

G-codes for ambulatory surgery centers

Donna,

You are not alone, I too am having problems with Medicare denying these and am working on trying to figure out why all of a sudden they are wanting this as we do not have documentation of what they are needing. So frustrating but I will pass on any information that I come across.

you need to get in contact with someone who has access to the clearing house as they have set an edit that is incorrect. Here is the documentation to forward on as they will need it in writing that the provider is not required to use these G codes.

Good afternoon. I agree with the others on this email that the use of g-codes for services provided in an ASC is only a requirement for the facility billing. We really need to find a way to get this requirement removed so that we can go forward with billing these claims. Is it possible for you to request that these requirements be removed as soon as possible? Below is some guidance from the cms (medicare) website (https://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Guidance/Transmittals/downloads/R1325CP.pdf - page 25) that shows that physicians services are considered non-ASC services and are billed separately.

Hope this helps.