Wiki Does this code exist?

laurenmowens@yahoo.com

Contributor
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
Any assistance with this train of thought is greatly appreciated!
My provider would like to integrate OT and psychotherapy to enhance the session results for children struggling with ADHD. Her aim is to provide the child with therapeutic outlets and support during psychotherapy sessions. We understand that these are 2 separate codes that cannot be billed for both treatments at the same time. Is there a code that allows a collaborative therapy session with 2 providers either overlapping or at the same time where both providers can bill for their portion of the service? Similar to a 90887 where collaboration is allowed and both parties can bill for it if both are providers.

I don't know that you can do co-treatment billing in that way. There may be exceptions under an early childhood intervention (ECI) plan of care for co-treatment but that's a different service than you are talking about I think.
You could consider splitting it (possibly?). For example, one provider bills 30 minutes and the other provider bills 30 minutes. This is assuming the use of timed codes and that the start and stop times are documented clearly.

I don't know that you can do co-treatment billing in that way. There may be exceptions under an early childhood intervention (ECI) plan of care for co-treatment but that's a different service than you are talking about I think.
You could consider splitting it (possibly?). For example, one provider bills 30 minutes and the other provider bills 30 minutes. This is assuming the use of timed codes and that the start and stop times are documented clearly.
Thank you for your reply! This helped so much!