Wiki Does any private practice own a CT machine?

michelleaapc2012

Guru
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
If so please respond as soon as possible. I have very specific questions and concerns related to modifier CT: Computed tomography services furnished using equipment that does not meet each of the attributes of the national electrical manufacturers association (NEMA) XR-29-2013 standard. and Medicare reductions for 2016 and 2017.

I bill for a practice that does have their own CT machine.

Tammy, I see you are in a different state than me, I am in TN, but are you familiar with having to add the CT modifier to CT scans for Medicare claims if your CT machine is not up to date? Or is your CT machine up to date? For 2016 our MAC was supposed to apply a 5% cut and for 2017 the cut jumped up to 15% on top of the 2% sequestration. We only recently found out about the CT modifier. When I contact Medicare (and I have several times) they tell me they have never heard of this issue. I have told them that the practice I work for can't possibly be the only practice with this issue. We have been adding the CT modifier for 2017 claims and our claims are being processed, but what do we do about 2016 claims? Any suggestions?