Wiki Documentation for IV Hydration

Ltoth

Networker
Best answers
Hi!
I was taught that for IV hydration therapy documentation you were required to have On and Off times for the total duration of the hydration therapy. Is it ok if the provider documents that the patient was hydrated for an hour and NOT an on and off time??
Thanks for your help....
Lisa:eek:

As long as the time is documented, that's all that's needed. There is no particular requirement in terms of how the time needs to be formatted (ie up-time/down-time, start-time/stop-time, or just statement of total time)

If your local carrier has their own rules of course, I would defer to that.

nurses are taught that they are required to document the start and stop times of an IV and the location of the iv. You might check with your nursing boards to see if you can find where this is in writing.

As long as the time is documented, that's all that's needed. There is no particular requirement in terms of how the time needs to be formatted (ie up-time/down-time, start-time/stop-time, or just statement of total time)

If your local carrier has their own rules of course, I would defer to that.

Thank you Mike. Sure does help.
Lisa

nurses are taught that they are required to document the start and stop times of an IV and the location of the iv. You might check with your nursing boards to see if you can find where this is in writing.

Hi Debra,
I appreciate the help. Thank you.
Lisa:eek: