Wiki Do I add modifier 50??

pajohnson

Guru
Best answers
When you are billing say 64445 and Medicare states that the bilateral surgery indicator is “1”. Thus it means unilateral. So if the Dr does bilateral injections should the unit be billed as 1 or 2? And if this is billed as 1 does the modifier 50 need to be added....

Please clarify, I want to be sure I am billing these injections to Medicare correctly.

Thanks for your help,

When you are billing say 64445 and Medicare states that the bilateral surgery indicator is “1”. Thus it means unilateral. So if the Dr does bilateral injections should the unit be billed as 1 or 2? And if this is billed as 1 does the modifier 50 need to be added....

Please clarify, I want to be sure I am billing these injections to Medicare correctly.

Thanks for your help,

You can bill modifier 50 with 1 unit or bill two separate line items with RT & LT modifiers.

Patricia,
I participated in modifier webinar provided by my local MAC (Noridian) ... I have a couple of pages from the handout that I found very useful. What is an Email address I can send copies to for you?
Thanks!

Patricia,
I participated in modifier webinar provided by my local MAC (Noridian) ... I have a couple of pages from the handout that I found very useful. What is an Email address I can send copies to for you?
Thanks!

Would you mind sending them to me also? We are not under Noridian, but I still like to collect all resources possible!
email: mstrauss@nmccbr.com or fax 225-768-2806, whichever is easier for you.

Thanks so much!! :D

Cynthia,
I am Emailing to you now. Please let me know if it helps!

Armen,
Please provide your Email address and I'll be happy to pass along.

Thanks!