Wiki DME Billing Question

Best answers
I recently started working with a DME client. I am billing monthly rentals and was not sure if I am supposed to use a span date when billing wheelchair rentals. (ex. the patient received the wheelchair on 6/30/09. Do I enter the date of service as 6/30/09 - 6/30/09 since the modifier RR notates rental or do I enter 6/30/09 -7/29/09?) I am still new to DME billing and would apprecite any help I can get.

Most cases you can do either the date span or just the one day, I've processed wheelchair rentals with a date span and without. I hope this helps you out a bit. Or you may want to call the health insurance companies provider service's and ask them how they'd prefer to have the claim submitted?

Thanks for your help Marc. I have another question perhaps you can help me with. My claims for the DME supplier keep coming back to me with the error being in box 33. I am using Medisoft v16 and for provider info I must enter a first and last name. However, the supplier is a company, not an individual provider. I tried breaking up the supplier name in half and entering part in the "first name" field and the other part in the "last name" field but it is still coming back rejected. I also tried leaving out the "provider info" and just selecting a "facility" but the software will not let me continue with out selecting a provider. Any advice? :confused: