Wiki Distal Abdominal Stenosis Stent Implanted

Chlrtrep

Best answers
:confused:What is the cpt code for stent implantation into distal Aorta. This patient had a stenosis in distal aorta just above the bifurcation. The physician placed a covered stent into aorta and into the left iliac with the intention to occlude the right iliac.( patient to have fem-pop bypass surgery later) There was also a distal iliac stenosis separate to the distal aorta stenosis.

Question is:

Is there a code for stent placement in aorta for the reason of stenosis not an AAA.?

Would 37236 apply in this situation.

The physician stated she is dictating stent placement distal aorta.

:confused:

:confused:What is the cpt code for stent implantation into distal Aorta. This patient had a stenosis in distal aorta just above the bifurcation. The physician placed a covered stent into aorta and into the left iliac with the intention to occlude the right iliac.( patient to have fem-pop bypass surgery later) There was also a distal iliac stenosis separate to the distal aorta stenosis.

Question is:

Is there a code for stent placement in aorta for the reason of stenosis not an AAA.?

Without seeing the report, I can't be sure, but it seems that 37236 and the code for catheter placement (36200) would be proper.

HTH :)

Danny I thought once intervention is done the cath placement code goes away but of course you would need to see the report to see what all was done.

Danny I thought once intervention is done the cath placement code goes away but of course you would need to see the report to see what all was done.

No, non selective and/or selective catheter placement is separately reported, as long as they aren't bundled into another procedure..

HTH :)

Thanks for your input.... I am still waiting for the physician to dictate the procedure........

Question is:

For what it is worth, I just had a similar one and came across your question. I also come up with 37236 and the catheter placement 36200. Procedure note for mine is for a stent graft to treat a distal/infrarenal abdominal stenosis. My diagnosis is only 440.0 and also claudication which only goes to 443.9, so for the hospital I am coding, it ends up being an LCD. However, they do seem to be the correct codes.