Wiki Didn't pass CPMA EXAM

Best answers
:( I did not pass the CPMA exam. I work in Nephrology. Any suggestions on where I can get surgical coding experience? I would love to do something outside of my everyday job, if it will help me gain the experience I need. Anyone looking for a biller. I could work from home.

All suggestions are welcome.

CPMA Exam

Sorry to hear you did not pass. Did you purchase the online tools for studying thru AAPC? I also bought Grider's book and studied that to pass the test. Also, find an audit form you like, or use the one AAPC provided with the exam. I purchased a dry erase E&M coding tool in bright colors which I found helpful as well. If you need sme hard surgical coding questions I have some to send along if you like. They were from an employer, so they are really tough.

Best,

Kathy Bailey MA., CPC., CPMA

Hi Kathy, your response was really helpful as I prepare for the exam.

I would love some tough examples (with answers so I don't go crazy); my email is tracisnider@gmail.com

Thank you!
Traci

How long ago did you take the exam~ I am scheduled to take it on 2-16-13 and I bought the test prep kit from AAPC~ What are the Grider's book? How many records are you auditing in this exam? What type of speciality?

Thanks Tricia Horton

Deb Grider's Books

Deb Grider's book is titled "Medical Record Auditor". I believe the third edition is out now. I purchased mine from AMA but you should be able to find other places. Hope this helps.