Wiki Diagnosis help please - plasma cell dyscrasia

tcan618

New
Best answers
Doctor has given a diagnosis for elevated free kappa light chain, question plasma cell dyscrasia for a bone marrow biopsy. Where do I find this diagnosis??? I have tried so many things and I find nothing. Each time I think I am close, I run it by the doctor and he says "not the same thing". Soooooo, can anyone assist me?? I do so appreciate any assistance. :)
Tracy

If the diagnosis of the abnormal kappa light free chain came from a lab test the it is an abnormal lab. You cannot code the dyscrasia since it is documented as questionable. You can code any documented symptoms as well.

If the diagnosis of the abnormal kappa light free chain came from a lab test the it is an abnormal lab. You cannot code the dyscrasia since it is documented as questionable. You can code any documented symptoms as well.

Hi Debra, thank you so much for your response. It does look like there was an abnormal lab. I knew we couldn't use a "question of" dx, but I wanted to quote what the doctor gave me in order to get the most informed reply. Pt is diagnosed with anemia, but that was not the dx he listed on the biopsy.

Thank you again for taking the time to read my post and respond.

Enjoy your day!
Tracy