Wiki Diabetes Billing

bwilliams1

Networker
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
I need some assistance.

I do Billing and Followup for a Diabetes office and am seeing a lot of denials for 82947 (as included) when billed with either 95250 or 95251. Can anyone direct me to policies or information as to if this is included or are we missing something? (modifier wise).

Any assistance is appreciated.

You can email me at ehayes@summithealth.org as well.

Thanks
Betsy

I need some assistance.

I do Billing and Followup for a Diabetes office and am seeing a lot of denials for 82947 (as included) when billed with either 95250 or 95251. Can anyone direct me to policies or information as to if this is included or are we missing something? (modifier wise).

Any assistance is appreciated.

You can email me at ehayes@summithealth.org as well.

Thanks
Betsy

Yes, look in the CCI edits. 82947 "Glucose, quanititative, blood" is included as a component of either 95250 "Ambulatory continuous glucose monitoring of interstitial tissue fluid via a subcutaneous sensor for a minimum of 72 hours; sensor placement, hook-up, calibration of monitor, patient training, removal of sensor, and printout of recording;" or 95251 "Ambulatory continuous glucose monitoring of interstitial tissue fluid via a subcutaneous sensor for a minimum of 72 hours; interpretation and report".