Wiki dexamethasone 10mg/ml

bkelso96

New
Best answers
I am having a hard time figuring out the hcpcs code and units for this injection.
" 2 ml of injectate ( 2 ml dexamethasone 10mg/ml ) "
I found information for 4mg/ml but nothing about the 10mg/ml. Is it the same code as the 4mg/ml ( J1100) and are the units calculated the same way ( 1 unit per .25cc) ? I am so confused with this injection!!

Thank you!!!

I am having a hard time figuring out the hcpcs code and units for this injection.
" 2 ml of injectate ( 2 ml dexamethasone 10mg/ml ) "
I found information for 4mg/ml but nothing about the 10mg/ml. Is it the same code as the 4mg/ml ( J1100) and are the units calculated the same way ( 1 unit per .25cc) ? I am so confused with this injection!!

Thank you!!!
Yes, the calculation should be done the same way but the units per volume is going to be different because your drug strength is different in these two examples.

To get the dosage given, you always multiply the volume given by the strength: so if the provider gave 2 ml and the strength is 10 mg/ml, that means the provider gave 20 mg total to the patient, which would be 20 units of J1100 per the code description. So for this strength of the drug, it's going to be 1 unit per .10 cc or ml. Does that help some?