Wiki Desk reference for surgery coding?? Please help!!!

puggles

Networker
Best answers
Hello!! I am starting a new adventure next week with surgery coding. It will be for ALL things surgery. Does anyone know of a good DESK REFERENCE for Surgery coding to have on hand?? Any information would be greatly apprecative!!!!
Thanks,
Miranda

Engenix products are what our company uses. We have the desk reference books, and the Encoder Pro web based program. I couldn't do without Encoder Pro. I check CCIs, crosscodes, modifiers, PX codes. It has many other bells and whistles.

MS

I code for neurosurgery and I use whats called the coding companion for neurosurgery by ingenix. www.shopingenix.com. They should have one for general surgery as well. It is a great resource, for the most commonly used codes it gives a description, list of CCI edits, description of the procedure and coding and diagnosis tips all on one page for each code. This book is a lifesaver especially when I am deciding between two codes, usually I can always narrow it down based on the detailed description for the procedures of each code.