Wiki Derm Path Issue 88305

dahhhblonde

Best answers
I'm having an issue with Medicare paying on derm path 88305 when we've also sent specimens to UCSF on the same day but for different sites. Medicare denied our claim stating "procedure/service was partially or fully furnished by another provider." Can anyone help. I was told by Medicare that I would have to file appeals, which I have done, but I don't want this issue to continue to happen.

88305 help

Hi,
With this you either beat UCSF processing your claims or you'll be expected to appeal and send in your notes with each procedure because you were later then the other folks.
Be proactive.... send in notes with the claim.
Good Luck!!!
Dana Chock, CPC, CCA, CANPC, CHONC
Anesthesia, Pathology, & Laboratory Coder
2013/14 Brainerd Chapter AAPC President

I worked in a dermatology practice where the dr is also a dermatopathologist. We have our own in house derm path lab. When we bill 88305 we been starting to get some Medicare denials and are told that patient has already had this service by another facility same day. This other service is nothing to do with us. Does Medicare only allow 1 88305 per date of service? or is this just an appeal to prove the other charge is nothing to do with our service?

thank you